The CRS Mission is to serve the needs of Religious Institutes in Canada through a ministry of collaboration, in particular, their needs relating to eldercare and stewardship of resources in the midst of diminishment.
To become a servant and guardian of the needs and resources of Religious Institutes so that their charisms and apostolates may continue to bear fruit for the Life of the Church.
Our values are the values of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, in particular:
- Respect for dignity and welfare of every human being
- Reverence for the cumulative wisdom of the elderly
- Thanksgiving for the contributions of religious women and men to Christian life in Canada
- Support and prayer for justice, peace and integrity of creation
- Dedication to collaborative ministry and accountability
- To empower Religious Institutes to view their future with hope in the midst of fewer members and diminishing resources.
- To collaborate with Religious Institutes in providing professional governance, management and administration characterized by expertise and affordability.
- To enable members of Religious Institutes to devote themselves to ministries that are life-giving and sustainable, while freeing them from the burdens of administration and management.
For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.